The Healthy Campus Network (HCN) is an initiative implemented throughout the entire University of California system, aimed at making UC the healthiest place to work, learn and live. The UC Davis arm of this initiative, or Healthy UC Davis, has enlisted a series of partners from both the Davis and Sacramento campuses to help us create engaging programs, focused on all realms of health, that are available to staff, faculty and students. Healthy UC Davis offers support, information, resources and tools to help you live a healthier life.
Healthy UC Davis consists of a steering committee and four subcommittees focused on improving outcomes in each of the following focus areas:
- Food and nutrition
- Mental and emotional well-being
- Physical activity
- Smoke and tobacco free
Seed funding from the UC Office of the President helps Healthy UC Davis tackle a number of first-year priorities and projects. We have five strategic goals:
- Creating comprehensive, integrative and collaborative leading practice programs
- Providing UC Davis community members with support, opportunity, information and tools to engage in healthy behaviors
- Advocating for policies, institutional practices and a built environment that promotes health and well-being
- Continuously examining, implementing and evaluating practices that improve the well-being of our community
- Aligning and leveraging communication resources and messaging to ensure coordinated outreach efforts
In 2019, The Healthy UC Davis committee engaged in a strategic planning process and defined strategic priorities to guide planning moving forward. These priorities were defined as:
- Creating “one place” or “hub” for our community to find resources and information about health, well-being and wellness
- Creating metrics and desired outcomes for health and well-being programs and Healthy UC Davis as a whole
- Creating ways to keep and increase leadership support for health and well-being efforts.
- Creating and enhancing policies that support the health and well-being of our community
Creating a physical space for health and well-being programming and community building
For additional information, view our Healthy UC Davis mission, vision, values; bylaws; upcoming meetings; and meeting minutes. Contact our committee leads with your questions, comments, and or interest in Healthy UC Davis.