Providing classes in various districts around the UC Davis campus, making it more convenient for folks to access, get a workout in and not have to go very far from their place of employment.
Active Aggies aims to get more staff, faculty and students moving! Increase your daily physical activity minutes. Physical activity has been shown to benefit one's health, including positively affecting sleep, mood and energy levels; strengthening your body; and maintaining a healthy weight. Health and wellness is attainable with just a little effort put forth.
Register for Active Aggies:
Open to all faculty, staff, students and retirees. Please register online before attending class. The one-time registration fee of $40 covers unlimited access to classes for the entire quarter. Registration fees will be applied toward program coordination, instructor salaries, maintenance of the current space, and expansion of the program.
Dates: Winter quarter classes are offered Monday through Friday starting Jan. 6 through March 20, 2020.
Spring quarter classes begin March 30 through June 12, 2020. Classes are cancelled on major university holidays.
- Mondays, 12:05-12:55 p.m. Cardio/Strength Combo with Lisa Lasky
- 12:05-12:55 p.m. Mixed Level Yoga with Jordan Reid
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. Cardio/Strength Combo with Lisa Lasky
- 12:05-12:55 p.m. Bodyweight Circuit with Tara Williamson
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. Mixed Levels Yoga with Tamara Vodovoz
- Thursdays, 12:05-12:55 p.m. Mixed Level Yoga with Jordan Reid
- Fridays, 12:05-12:55 p.m. Zumba with Symone Watson
Location: Medical Sciences 1B, Room 150 (in the former "Old Scrubs" location) in the Health Sciences District, next door to Carlson Health Sciences Library
- Go to the Campus Recreation registration portal. Select "Log In" (upper right).
- Enter your UC Davis log-in information.
- Select "CR Membership". This option can also be found in the drop-down menu (upper left).
- Choose "Active Aggies Mobile."
- Select “Spring Quarter '20” and add to cart. Then read and accept the waiver.
- Complete the transaction and a receipt will be sent to your email address. Please retain this receipt for your records.
Contact Lisa Lasky at email@example.com with registration questions.
This program is a continuation of a 2018 pilot program to create opportunities for students, staff and faculty to have easy access to a fitness class. See the first-year summary to learn more about the pilot program.